We’ve just been given a sneek peek at the brand new iRobot Roombas that will be making their way to us in a month or two. There have been some exciting improvements as well as a major design change to the Scooba floor washing robot.
Both new models will feature the new iAdapt technology (why does everything at the moment have to have a lower case i at the beginning?) which iRobot says the most intuitive, flexible and effective way to clean your floors. You may not think its so scientific, but in fact the new Roomba models will monitor the cleaning environment 64 times per second, using dozens of behaviours to ensure the entire floor is thoroughly cleaned. Also thanks to it’s size it can clean under furniture too.
Jeff Beck, president of iRobot’s Home Robots division had this to say:
“These new robots represent our ongoing commitment to developing innovative products that make a difference in people’s lives. While Roomba is already the world’s best-selling vacuum cleaning robot, we continue to make improvements to ensure it is the best on the market and stays at the head of the pack. With the compact Scooba 230, we focused on reducing size without compromising effectiveness and navigability. The launch of Scooba 230 has effectively made one of people’s least favorite household chores, cleaning the bathroom, a whole lot easier.”
The new Scooba washing robot will be smaller but taller. The robot’s three-stage cleaning system washes, scrubs and squeegees floors, neutralizing common household bacteria. It can also clean large rooms on a single tank, telling you when it done though a series of lights and chimes.
Also, when you use a mop and bucket to clean, you are reusing dirty water. The Scooba however only uses clean solution for the whole cleaning cycle, keeping clean and dirty solution separate. So instead of just moving dirt around, it picks it up.
The New 700 series Roomba will also be jam packed with new features, here are the highlights of the new tech under the slimline bonnet:
• Advanced cleaning head improves overall cleaning from previous models, including 20 percent better pickup of fine particulates.
• New AeroVac™ Series 2 bin with a powerful vacuum maximizes air flow through Roomba’s cleaning head to pull more hair and debris off the brushes and into the bin.
• Two HEPA-type air filters keep fine household dust from re-circulating in your home.
• Dirt Detect Series 2 (available on Roomba 770 and 780) uses an acoustic sensor to detect excessive amounts of small and hard debris, such as sand, and an optical sensor to detect larger and soft debris, such as popcorn. Dirt Detect Series 1, which uses the acoustic sensor, is available on the Roomba 760.
• With a Persistent Pass Cleaning Pattern, Roomba uses a brush-like, back-and-forth motion to focus its cleaning when it finds an excessively dirty area.
• New power management software results in 50 percent longer battery life than previous Roomba generations, ensuring hundreds of cleaning cycles with proper use.
• Soft-touch bumper with a new polymer coating protects walls and furniture.
• Full Bin Indicator light turns on when Roomba detects a full dust bin (available on Roomba 770 and 780).
• Touchpad interface provides state-of-the-art control using just your fingertips and eliminates buttons (available on Roomba 780).
The new range will be available online the moment they arrive in the UK. We love Roomba at electricshopping and we should be one of the 1st stores to have them. For more information on Roomba Robotic Vacuum cleaners, click here.
Here are some more pictures of the new range too, for your viewing pleasure.
iRobot Scooba 230
Roomba 700 Series, side by side